Main Menu

Pages

Quiz on Verb Tenses

+Font size-

Verb tenses are an important aspect of grammar and communication. They indicate the time when an action or event occurs, relative to the present, past or future. Different verb tenses have different forms and rules, and using them correctly can help you express your ideas clearly and accurately. In this quiz, you will test your knowledge of verb tenses by answering 10 multiple-choice questions. You will identify the correct tense of a verb in a sentence, or choose the correct verb form to fill in a gap. You will also learn about the different types of verb tenses, such as simple, progressive, perfect and modal. After completing the quiz, you will receive feedback on your answers and explanations for the correct choices. This quiz will help you improve your understanding and use of verb tenses in English.

Quiz on Verb Tenses

  1. Which of the sentences is correct?
    A) Last year I go to India.
    B) Last year I went to India.
    C) Last year I am going to India.
    D) Last year I will go to India.
  2. Which of the sentences is correct?
    A) I usually getting the bus to work.
    B) I usually gets the bus to work.
    C) I am usually getting the bus to work.
    D) I usually get the bus to work.
  3. Which of the sentences is correct?
    A) Next week I am going to the cinema.
    B) Next week I will going to the cinema.
    C) Next week I is going to the cinema.
    D) Next week I went to the cinema.
  4. Which verb is NOT in the past tense?
    A) He walked.
    B) He went.
    C) He works.
    D) He bought.
  5. Which verb is NOT in the present tense?
    A) She listened.
    B) She talks.
    C) She waits.
    D) She watches.
  6. Which verb is NOT in the future tense?
    A) He will go.
    B) He will come.
    C) He will arrive.
    D) He leaves.
  7. What tense is the verb in this sentence?
    'I got home from work at 6.30pm.'
    A) present
    B) past
    C) future
  8. What tense is the verb in this sentence?
    'The children are playing outside.'
    A) future
    B) past
    C) present
  9. What tense is the verb in this sentence?
    'I'll take you in my car.'
    A) future
    B) present
    C) past
  10. What tense is the verb in this sentence?
    'They go to college on Mondays.'
    A) past
    B) future
    C) present
  • facebook
  • pinterest
  • twitter
  • whatsapp
  • LinkedIn
  • Email
author-img
Mr. ‏El-Sayed Ramadan ‎ ‎

Show Comments
  • Normal Comment
  • advanced comment
  • Through the editor below, you can add an advanced comment as a comment to an image, a YouTube video, a code or a quote. Just enter the code or text for the quote or a link to an image or YouTube video, then press the button below to convert, copy the result and use it to comment